Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Not Without My Softbox

Traveling is easily one of the best things a photographer can do to grow. Whether you like to shoot people, places, animals, food, beer or cacti, odds are that going somewhere out of your comfort zone will give you a chance to explore new perspectives.



Not in my backyard

Sadly, and I think i'm not alone here, it feels like I never really get to travel as much as I should. I'm making a concerted effort to change that. Especially now that I have someone that I'm actively excited about traveling with

Recently I went to PA in the wake of Hurricane (Superstorm?) Sandy to be a part of a friend's wedding. Sadly, it didn't afford a ton of photographic opportunity. I was on someone else's timetable. On top of that it looked like the winds had blown away any chance of their being beautiful fall colors on the trees anyway. Thankfully, some time after the New Year the lady and I will do some travelling. I look forward to spending time with her away from here... and the photo possibilities are almost as exciting!

I'd like to see what these look like on the east coast :)

In the meantime, check out the company I work for's blog to keep up with all the weddingy eventy type stuff I don't post here :)

No comments: